It’s that time again…Crockpots and Casseroles day! AKA my favorite day of the month because I get to share a recipe with my favorite ways of cooking. And this month I am sharing the easiest possible (but still delicious) roast dinner.
I am going to confess something. I’ve been busy. And sleep deprived. And generally lacking motivation. I almost called it quits for getting a recipe ready this week. What I could think of (and had time for) wasn’t very fancy or “exciting.” I felt like not enough. Then I realized that’s the whole point. I am not a “recipe blogger.” I’ll never be a gourmet chef and that is totally ok. At the end of the day, I am a mom doing my best to make meals for my family all around a hectic day. And chances are you are in the same boat.
So here it is…a not revolutionary recipe for a roast dinner. But it is easy and tastes delicious. And that’s what matters right?!
Easy Roast Dinner
- 1 roast
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- Pour onion soup mix into the crockpot
- Add a cup and a half of water
- Swirl it around to mix…or you could use a spoon
- Rinse your roast and put it in the crockpot
- Cook on low for 8 hours (or until dinner time. I don’t judge)
A few notes and other options
- I don’t love shoulder roasts and tend to avoid them. They usually end up tough. Maybe it’s just me… But I usually prefer a chuck roast
- You can make a simple gravy with the liquid in the crockpot. Just put skim out the fat, put the liquids in a pot on medium-high heat, mix about a tablespoon of cornstarch with cold water to make a slurry and slowly stir it into the hot beef/onion soup mix. Allow it to thicken and you are all set!
- Spoiler alert…if you are in a hurry you can make instant mashed potatoes and nobody will complain!
Happy #CrockpotsAndCasseroles Day!
I hope you will share your recipe posts below. And be sure to check out the recipe Darrian is sharing!