It’s getting warmer! (Then colder, then warmer, then colder if you live in Texas) My pasty white legs have already made their debut a time or two, but I am ready to dive in and swap all the sweaters out of my closet for the long haul!
Now that I have traded in my work uniform for an outfit of my own choosing…which occasionally does mean wearing a bathrobe all day…I am excited to share my spring must haves with you!
Now. As moms we know there are a few criteria that need to be met no matter the season. Yours might look a little different than mine depending on the age and behavior of your kids, but I bet we have a few things in common.
I am also not a capsule wardrobe kind of girl. I don’t like the structure. That said, I tend to get a few core pieces and add things around them. These are those core pieces!
My Mom Style Criteria
- Must be “bend proof.” My toddler does not walk reliably and I don’t need the whole world seeing my butt or boobs every time I bend over. Which is a lot.
- Must be easy. I don’t want to spend all day fidgeting with some part of my outfit. And as much as I would love to spend a lot of time picking out an outfit in the morning, I just don’t have that option. So I need wardrobe staples that are grab and go.
- Machine washable. I occasionally buy things that are hand wash or dry clean only. Then I cry. Because once they are dirty it is going to take a very very long time before I get around to getting them clean again. My go-to items need to be ready to go in the washer and come out ready to rock and roll again.
10 Mom Style Must Haves for Spring
- A pair of go-to shoes. You know the ones. Comfortable and go with everything. Converse, Toms, or Vans would be a great pick. I personally am still rocking the $6 canvas shoes from Michaels haha
- A pair of go-to sandals. Mine are the Jack Rogers Hampton Classic in platinum. They are more of an investment but they are literally all I wear as soon as it gets warm.
- A pair of jeans that make you feel like a rockstar. These are worth a little investing to find a really good pair because they will get you through a good portion of the year!
- A pair of capris. Call me old school but I LOVE capris. They come in cute colors and you never have to worry that they are too short.
- A basic t-shirt. Or like twenty of them. Because what mom doesn’t love a good t-shirt?
- A button front. Classic and it can dress up your jeans in an instant. But still comfortable enough to do life in. Win-win. You cannot beat a plain white crisp button front…but fun colors and patterns are good too!
- A cardigan. Again. I have about a million, but they are a cute layer and pretty inexpensive!
- A denim jacket. I don’t know how I survived (aka got dressed) before I got this denim jacket. I wear it with every dang thing. Except jeans. Because I am so not cool enough to pull that off.
- A maxi dress. No explanation needed right? My favorite things.
- A cute spring dress/romper/jumpsuit. Something super springy, think brights, floral, etc. that just makes you feel good!
Put it all together and you have a whole spring wardrobe!
What are your spring mom style must haves? Let me know in the comments!